Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings ("YP") is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. We currently have an opportunity for a "Database Engineer/Test " in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
Our Platform Data Services group is maintaining and redesigning parts of the infrastructure responsible for gathering, processing, and warehousing YP's traffic and non-traffic data metrics on an in-house built and maintained distributed platform. Internet traffic and non-traffic data flow into this platform from many different sources, internal and external Apps and APIs, then consumed by various stakeholders including but not limited to the Executive Leadership group, Analytics group, Advertiser Reporting group (internal & external), and R&D groups for the purpose of capturing key metrics to gain deep insight into the performance of our business and specific features/apps rolled out to the market. Technologies used in this platform include: Hadoop's MapReduce in Java, Ruby, Hive, HBase, Vertica, Oracle, and Business Objects. The Engineering team responsible for quality and release management in this group is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to help a seasoned team of engineers in performing verification and validation of the system and data by using, designing and implementing test strategies using Shell/SQL/Stored Procs, and more.
Job Details :
- Understand and analyze upstream and downstream systems' use-cases and business requirements to be validated against data collected and processed.
- Participate at various capacities in data and dimensional modeling; logical and physical table design; complex queries, stored procedures and triggers; data transformation, aggregation and enterprise application integration; high performance; scalable based designs; data partitioning and clustering; and best practice security design.
- Communicate and coordinate end-to-end test cycles with teams across various organizations.
- Design, implement, and test data quality validation scripts and frameworks using variety of languages.
- Review ETL code to find coding issues, troubleshoot defects, and build unit and integration test scenarios to increase code test coverage.
- Perform complex DB queries/operations to check data sanity, build results sets for reporting, and validating data aggregation.
- Follow established processes and assure the highest standards possible are met before every release.
- Bachelor's degree of higher in Computer Science or related field is required.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 4+ years experience in relational and/or non-relational DBs with emphasis on data warehousing and reporting.
- 4+ years experience in moderate/high complexity SQL.
- 2+ years experience in DB testing/validation role with emphasis on data warehousing and reporting.
- 2+ years of strong experience in Unix/Linux, Windows Server and shell scripting.
- Capable of performing research and analysis to carryout project responsibilities solely or within a small team.
- Able to multi-task, triage issues, react well to changes, and work independently in a fast paced environment.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
- Past experience with an Online Ad Platform is a BIG plus.
- Experience with the following technologies is a HUGE plus: Vertica, MSSQL, ORACLE, and Business Objects.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Yellow Pages - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...