Database Engineer - Oracle
Celerity, a business acceleration consultancy, is actively seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst who is creative, collaborative and continuously challenge themselves to do better.
About our Talent Solutions Team
Celerity’s Talent Solutions team helps clients accelerate results by identifying, acquiring and managing top-tier technical resources. Businesses today need agile sourcing partners to stay one step ahead of the competition and avoid the costs of an obsolete workforce. Celerity’s Talent Solutions team creatively aligns technical talent to strategic business challenges, enabling our clients to generate and sustain momentum. What’s holding you back?
Lead Engineer for Oracle database technologies that is responsible for infrastructure architecture, design, implementation and support of our database technology strategies.
· Perform engineering and design functions for our Database systems and services
· Maintain awareness of trends and issues and evaluate new technology opportunities in the area of database technologies
· Lead in the design and maintenance of our rolling multi-year roadmaps, technology standards, and architecture
· Proactively identify and grow our processes and technologies to scale to meet the global demand of the business
· Deliver world-class technology support to our internal IT teams as well as all areas of the business
· Continually identify, document and routinely audit all systems and service components using standard monitoring toolsets
· Drive for continual development and maintenance of performance reporting, as well as technical and process documentation improvements
· Actively participate in developing and maintaining our database disaster recovery plan and solutions
· Collaborate with peers and business liaisons to ensure technology solutions achieve our desired business results
· Additional duties and projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical qualifications
· Five to seven + years of experience with managing and growing large infrastructures using Oracle database technologies
· Technical and engineering skills in Database Systems (e.g. release updates, security patches, build, deployment tools & processes)
· Strong knowledge of IBM AIX and/or Windows Server
· Proficient in installing, monitoring and tuning database management systems (OEM, RMAN, RAC, Oracle Management Packs)
· Experienced in database capacity planning, data modeling & database design
· Proficient in the coding of SQL, database stored procedures & appropriate testing methods
· Working understanding and implementation of IT best practices, policies & procedures
· Demonstrated ability to assess risk of technical changes
· Strong ability to proactively identify and evaluate incidents and problems, determining root cause
· High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving & planning skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
· Ability to work with and influence peers &v management
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines & reporting
Experience in Agile development
Who is Celerity?
Celerity is a business acceleration consultancy devoted to helping companies break through key stuck points and solve critical problems. We deliver proven solutions in four main areas: technology adoption and integration, business process efficiency, strategy and alignment and talent.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Celerity operates nine regional offices with more than 600 employees and $83 million in revenue.
Good corporate citizenship is a top priority at Celerity. We apply the same entrepreneurial spirit to our community initiatives and charitable giving as we do to our company and clients. Celerity employees support diverse causes and organizations, such as the Wounded Warrior Project, Byte Back, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Dress for Success, Courage for Life, the Douglas J. Green Memorial Fund and the Veterans Leadership Program.
Pittsburgh Career Connector - 18 months ago