IN SUPPORT OF STAMIS PDSS
Responsible for the installation and configuration of the database software in a development project and for making enhancements to existing databases.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Installs and tests new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Installs and tests upgrades and patches.
- Builds database schemas and the associated database objects.
- Restores and recovers corrupted databases.
- Develops, tests, and implements database stored procedures and other database subprograms.
- Creates programs or scripts for task automation.
- Creates tests and executes data management languages.
- Develops database utilities.
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and documenting of various database systems.
- Interpret functional and technical documentation.
- Frequently works with other members of a project team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel may be required.
- Familiarity with Army logistics systems and STAMIS (SAAS-MOD and SARSS).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not a disqualifier.
- Five to seven years experience in the field or related area preferred.
- Must be familiar with SQL (ANSI SQL Preferred), T-SQL, PL/SQL.
- Must be familiar with one or more RDBMS Systems (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2).
- Must understand current database concepts and procedures.
- Maintain standards compliance for ISO 9001 and CMMI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience facilitating communications between a technical staff and a community of users.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs.
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret Security clearance.
- Experience with one or more platforms (Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX).
- Experience with one or more tools/processes (Virtualization, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DTS, ETL, RMAN).
- Experience with performance tuning methodologies and tools.