RESPONSIBILITIES (scope and complexity):
This position works under the direction of the CBS COO. The position works in collaboration with the other Community-Based Directors. The position assumes authority, responsibility and accountability for managing the overall operation and effectiveness of the assigned Community–Based Services market area. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a cost effective budget. The position oversees the processes and compliance for all programs. This position is responsible for the performance appraisals, recruitment, selection, training, and retention of employees within the market. The Community-Based Services Director serves as a positive role model for staff.
This position works within the guidelines of ACC policies/procedures, State and Federal Laws, Rules, and Regulations.
JOB SPECIFICATONS (skills, knowledge and abilities)
1. The incumbent must be a graduate of an accredited school with a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social services, education, or human service field. A Master’s degree is preferred. The incumbent must possess a current license from the state of North Dakota and have a minimum of six (6) years of experience with supervision and leadership.
2. The incumbent must have effective skills in organization, supervision, leadership, and effective communication skills – both oral and written. The incumbent must be able to direct the work of others using problem solving skills. Must be able to learn and follow ACC and department procedures and practices. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills; being tactful, courteous, and diplomatic with internal and external contacts.
3. The incumbent must be knowledgeable regarding reimbursement services including Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurance.
4. The incumbent must be able to support, interpret, implement, and communicate ACC, State, and Federal policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations for the department, including IDEIA and Ti XIX waivered services.
5. The incumbent should have knowledge/experience of the established/evidence-based treatment and interventions for individuals with varying disabilities served. This includes interventions and treatments within the natural environment and home/residential settings, school-based intervention and education supporting student access to the curriculum. If the incumbent is lacking in this area, he/she must be willing to learn these strategies.
6. The incumbent will receive job training specific to ACC, as directed by the CBS COO.
7. Equipment used: Understand and have a working knowledge of Windows environment Intranet and Internet technology. The incumbent must have the ability to access, manipulate, organize and relay information in meaningful ways using: email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.