GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Incumbent serves as a Daycare Assistant Infant, responsible for care, learning, developmental activities, and direction of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in daily education procedures of classroom. Ensures children are involved in activities suited to their immediate emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs; provides ample activity options to children, improvising as needed.
- Monitors meals for children 12 months and over
- Preforms daily cleaning and sanitation for all meals.
- Provides bottles/baby food feedings.
- Leads and monitors circle time, free play, outside play, and learning/developmental activities.
- Prepares and presents materials to children in accordance with classroom curriculum plan.
- Ensures safety and well-being of children.
- Keeps appropriate records, such as daily sheets.
- Completes list for morning classroom preparation and closing procedures.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and/or education in the field of child care. Ideal candidate holds a CDA, associate or bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Customer-service oriented and committed to providing highest quality of care to young children.
- Experience in working independently with a number of children according to ratio (4:1, 6:1) with minimal assistance.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Must be flexible in assignment and work hours.
- Candidates must be able to provide all state required documents:
- Proof of age (over 18)
- Criminal History Check
- Substance abuse test
- Physical exam/TB test
- Infant/child CPR
- First Aid certificate (current or to be completed within 90 days of hire)
- Universal Precautions Certificate (current or to be completed within 30 days of hire)
Angie's List - 17 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...