Dean of Health and Human Services RE-POSTED
Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Academic or Year Round
$77,145 – 115,655
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Dean of Health and Human Services at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will design, organize and oversee the operation of programs and services in the Health and Human Services area. This area includes the following programs: Nursing – Associate Degree, Nursing Assistant, Surgical Technology, Medication Assistant, Criminal Justice, AODA , Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT , EMT Paramedic, Paramedic Technician, Fire Service Training, Traffic Safety, CPR Training, Clinical Chiropractic Specialist, Early Childhood Education, Health Information Technology, Medical Coding Specialist, Instructional Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Office Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Radiography and Respiratory Therapist. There are 63 faculty, management/confidential and support professional staff in the Health and Human Services area. This position provides direct supervision, guidance and support to 3 management and 1 support professional staff. This position reports to the Vice President – Academic Affairs.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Design, organize, and oversee the operation of programs and services in the instructional area including procedures, instructional budgets, special projects, grants and student/personnel issues. Approve faculty workloads to ensure compliance with prescribed guidelines. Review, prepare and submit revisions to college publications (e.g. catalog, student handbook, and other marketing publications).
2. Provide leadership in the recommendation and implementation of new programs and program and course modifications for certificate, diploma, and degree programs.
3. Provide oversight on enrollment management processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of room and course scheduling in support of student retention and success.
4. Recruit, mentor, and supervise Associate Deans and other assigned staff. Review performance evaluations for all staff in the instructional area and complete yearly performance evaluations for all assigned staff.
5. Develop, implement, and assess the instructional area’s strategic planning activities, and coordinate and prioritize those activities with the Vice President – Academic Affairs. Prepare and submit reports to the Vice President – Academic Affairs to ensure compliance with budgetary and grant guidelines, and alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
6. Provide leadership and insight, in collaboration with Information Technology, for instructional and administrative software systems and ongoing business process improvements pertaining to the Academic Affairs unit.
7. Recommend educational partnerships and transfer agreements other two-year and four-year colleges and approve high school articulated credit courses.
8. Seek alternative funding sources including community partnerships and grants.
9. Serve on college committees, attend college wide activities, and participate in staff development activities and professional organizations. Represent the college at community functions and attend events.
1. Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of certifiable teaching experience.
3. Two years of related occupational experience other than employment with a board of education.
4. Three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, preferably in a technical/community college setting.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment; experience leading cross functional teams.
7. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask. Experience managing and executing projects of similar size and complexity.
8. Ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office, email, internet, and ERP system (Banner preferred) and instructional technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.
9. Meet WTCS certification requirements for instructional administrator .
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard