United Technologies Corporation, a Fortune top 50 company is a dynamic global corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, security and fire protection as well as hydrogen fuel cell development.
United Technologies Research Center in E.Hartford CT has mid-level/senior positions open for a Decision Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for:
The candidate is expected to interact with United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) Program Offices and United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to enhance existing programs and provide technical expertise for decision support method development.
- creating detection and diagnostic methodologies for challenging business problems
- translation of model outputs to actionable information by the end user (data visualization, human in the loop interaction).
- prototype demonstration of developed concepts.
Core technical skill set elements include:
Additional skills of interest:
- statistical modeling / data mining.
- solid machine learning foundation.
- anomaly detection and diagnostics.
- prognostics and health management.
- data visualization.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment focused on innovation and be able to partner with leading, worldwide institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives. The candidate will have exceptional communication skills and must be able to provide timely, accurate and detailed reports, presentations and technical papers for archival journals.
- Indexing, storage/retrieval and query constructs for large data and video.
- The ability to create and manage large databases and to provide data warehousing capabilities.
Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer engineering or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience (post M.S. degree).
Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer engineering or a related field. Industrial experience post degree would be a plus.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: (1) machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining and robust hypothesis testing for stationary and non-stationary processes in discrete or continuous variables, or (2) experience in model-based diagnostics, prognostics, and health monitoring. (3) multi-sensor data fusion for context-specific decision support relevant to diagnostic, prognostic and health monitoring system applications,
A detailed understanding of data warehousing would be a plus.
US citizenship or permanent residence (green card) required.
- Record of technical contributions, including patents and/or publications in refereed technical journals.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; innovative strategic and technical thinker; high energy; team player.
- Demonstrated team leadership in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural industrial applications is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 2 years ago