H-E-B Company is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation with hundreds of stores throughout Texas and more than 75,000 Partners (employees). Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace.
H-E-B offers a competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE preferred:
..... Customer Interaction;
- Responsible for the production, customer service, ordering, maintenance and merchandising functions of the Bakery / Deli departments.
- Manage and execute all Bakery / Deli Processes.
- Manage and execute all Bakery / Deli Food Service Processes.
- Coordinate with the Merchandising Director, the Event/Promotion Process, Pricing Plan Process and Space Plan.
- Point of Contact for overall Bakery / Deli Products and Attributes.
- Specifically responsible for ensuring the training and mentoring of Bakery / Deli Production Team Partners in Bakery / Deli product knowledge and attributes.
- Responsible for ensuring the training of all Bakery / Deli Production-Team Partners in the following processes:
..... Suggestive Selling;
..... Reactive Customer Engagement;
..... Reactive Maintenance; and
..... Comply with all Federal, State and local laws and company policies.
..... Conduct team shift huddles.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Provide feedback on how to make shopping experience better for Customers, working experience better for Partners and share any ideas that may be beneficial to the Business.
- Foster a sense of teamwork among Bakery / Deli Team and focus them on common goals.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Director to help construct the weekly Bakery / Deli labor schedule.
- Manage the performance of, develop and coach Bakery / Deli Team Partners.
- Communicate scorecard expectations, progress toward those expectations and deliver result.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Certfied Bakery / Deli Expert or equivilent (e.g., Retail Bakery / Deli Association - Certified Master Baker).
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Adaptable to stressful situations with change management and effective feedback skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Value diversity.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Analytical skills.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Understanding of product integrity.
- Computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets).
- Vision for attention to detail.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Partner encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work environment is one that is fast-paced and requires detailed work and precision. The Partner should be able to handle customer interaction in a professional, courteous manner.
H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B operates...