Weis Markets is a large regional grocery chain headquartered in Sunbury, Pa. The 166 Stores flying the Weis banner are located in 6 states, Pa, MD, NJ, NY, VA and WV. The company maintains a 1.2 million square foot warehouse facility in Milton, PA. The SuperPetz division operates pet supply warehouse stores across the eastern U.S.. Our 19,000 + employees come from across the world and diverse backgrounds, ready to serve the millions of customers who annually frequent our stores.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Deli Manager Trainee position prepares trainee for Assistant Manager and Deli Manager positions. Provides leadership in the Deli Department by directing and managing all associates activities, including their training, orders product and supplies for the deli and implements merchandising initiatives that promote sales while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.
Supervises all associates in the Meat Department. Specific number depends upon the store.
Works in normal store environment where there is limited physical discomfort, although does go into freezers and coolers. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
• Lifting and carrying over 40lbs.• Operating equipment (baler, power jack and power equipment in the Deli department.) • Bending, reaching and grasping.
• Standing for extended periods and walking.• Some tolerance for stress. • Hearing (Auditory)
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Medical Insurance Plans• Vision Care• Prescription Drug Coverage • Dental Care • Disability Benefits • Life Insurance Benefits • 401K Plan • Holidays/Personal Days • Vacation
Job Requirements :
• Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies so as to meet customer requirements and the company’s gross profit goals.
Maintains inventory levels to insure the highest quality of freshness for products.
• Schedules all deli associates, oversees and participates in their training, rewards and recognizes their performance and delegates their work assignments so as to most effectively utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
• Develops and implements merchandising plans that meet the financial objectives of the department.
• Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
• Checks and verifies all deli deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area.
• Controls deli expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to damages, spoiled product and shrink.
• Maintains effective housekeeping program. Keeps merchandise fresh so as to meet all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations and company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate deli equipment in a safe manner at all times complying with OSHA requirements. Insures compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws.
• Identifies areas in Deli Department where improvement in customer service is required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
• Maintains accurate department records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
• Performs staff duties as required such as slicing and working the counter, assisting in making deli platters, etc.
• Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Good leadership skills. Friendly, outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills for dealing with customers, associates and vendors. Ability to read and understand profit and loss statements and to interpret various reports. Some computer skills.
Weis Markets - 2 years ago
The Weis family is wise to the ways of grocery retailing. Weis (pronounced "Wise") Markets, founded in 1912, runs about 160...