Co-opportunity; Santa Monica's only Member-owned Natural Food Grocer since 1974, is looking for a full time [40 hrs] Deli Manager within a retail grocery setting. You will be managing our Deli in all aspects of operations including; motivating, inspiring and delegating tasks to staff, managing the financial success of the department, overseeing the creation of and maintenance of an attractive deli and kitchen environment; overseeing the maintenance and creation of all deli items (hot and salad bar, cold display case, sandwiches, juice and coffee bar beverages, etc.); ensuring clean and safe deli and kitchen operations, providing outstanding customer service and overseeing/creating all processes and procedures of the deli.
A pioneer in the natural and organic foods industry, we're a member-run organization providing a community resource for healthy living.
We're looking for dedicated people to help us continue to thrive as a treasured Westside favorite.
Our staff's primary responsibility is to provide exceptional service to our loyal shoppers and members.
Benefits of working with Co-opportunity include:
We're looking for someone who ideally:
- FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/Life benefits.
- Free Employee Assistance Program; free Mental health and Legal assistance.
- a 401K with employer 100% up to 3% staff salary match.
- Bonus incentives.
- Management benefits.
- Transportation bonus contests.
- Employee Discount.
- Easy to join Membership structure; Membership benefits once joined.
- Vacation and personal days pay.
- Opportunities to learn about Co-ops, Organics & natural foods plus Healthy Bodycare.
Commitment to superior customer service and to provide the highest quality shopping experience possible.
- Has deli/or juice bar management experience.
- Has ability to plan, develop, and implement systems to provide for efficient and productive operations.
- Has proven ability to develop and implement budgets and to adhere to cost and margin requirements.
- Previous experience with ordering, pricing, and inventory control.
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication is essential.
Demonstrates an interest in and enthusiasm for learning about our store and in maintaining and promoting our store's standards for operation
- Demonstrates an ability to follow through on commitments.
- Has a high regard for personal responsibility and initiative .
- Demonstrates excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Has a flexible schedule