Drivers load trucks and make merchandise deliveries and pickups. They work safely at all times. They are friendly, observant, and able to determine customer needs and communicate that information to the Manager and/or Warehouse Supervisor.
Note: Asterisk (*) indicates essential functions.
* 1. Drive Hajoca truck, operating it safely and in compliance with Company rules, applicable laws and regulations. Destinations include job sites, customer facilities, vendor facilities, other Hajoca locations, facilities of other wholesalers, or other locations as directed by management.
* 2. Load the truck at the Profit Center with Hajoca merchandise to be delivered. Secure the load properly so that nothing will shift, get damaged or fall from the truck. Ensure the necessary equipment to safely unload the merchandise is available.
* 3. Understand the shipping documents that are associated with the merchandise for each delivery, and have accurate directions to each delivery destination.
* 4. Unload correct merchandise from the truck and place it where the receiving party wants it. Obtain legible signature for all merchandise delivered per Company policy and procedure.
* 5. For all cash sale deliveries, collect and secure outstanding payments prior to releasing the material to the customer.
* 6. Work with customers at the delivery site to resolve shipping discrepancies quickly and accurately.
* 7. Load the truck at other locations with merchandise. This includes merchandise picked up at vendor locations, returned by customers, and purchased from other wholesalers.
* 8. Provide sales leads by noting prospective customer names and addresses discovered in the course of making deliveries.
* 9. Inspect the truck and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure from the Hajoca location. Keep truck clean of debris in cab and body.
* 10. Advise management of any mechanical problems with the truck. At the end of the workday, complete the Driver''s Daily Vehicle Inspection Report when driving a delivery vehicle with a gross weight greater than 10,000 pounds.
* 11. At the end of the workday, remove keys from the truck and store keys in the approved location.
12. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, Training and Experience
- Know laws, rules and regulations governing driving motor vehicles in general, and commercial vehicles subject to Department of Transportation regulations in particular.
- Able to safely operate any commercial motor vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of up to 26,000 pounds.
- Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Able to remain calm and function effectively in stressful, unexpected, and/or emergency situations.
- Able to learn to operate warehouse material-handling equipment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A proper and valid driver''s license for the vehicle(s) being driven
- A driving record that demonstrates good driving skills in compliance with Company policy
- Must pass a Department of Transportation physical examination before beginning work; to be updated every two years while employed and performing this job function
- Experience driving a truck and making deliveries preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in truck) 50%
Sitting (in chair) 1%
Lifting Frequently, up to 100 pounds
Carrying Frequently, up to 80 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Regularly, up to 200 pounds
Controls Use of both hands and arms, and use of both feet and legs
Strength Level Active, demanding
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Hajoca firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. We offer rewarding career opportunities for recent graduates or...