FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut . It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
A Philadelphia Driver is responsible for providing efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our customers within the Philadelphia Area. A driver operates a refrigerated truck and also operates a hand truck to assist when making deliveries. Our drivers deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time. They are expected to provide professional customer service and timely reporting to supervisors and assigned dispatchers regarding lateness, damaged or missing products.
Motor Vehicle Record requirements:
- 21 years of age or older
- A minimum of 1 year commercial truck driving experience or recent CDL grad
- Must be willing to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Driving knowledge of Philadelphia preferred
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Ability to maneuver up to 50lbs with appropriate equipment
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safety
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT or PA driver license
- CDL is not required, but a plus
- 3 points or less on a motor vehicle report
- No suspensions (regardless of cause)
- Valid medical card
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
- Class C,D,and E - $11 per hour - increase after 30 days and at six months
- Class A or B License - $12 per hour - increase after 30 days and at six months
- Full-time position
- Benefits Package
- Union enrollment on 31st day
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Job training
being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of
their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status,domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor
protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...