Systems Engineer – Desktop Virtualization Solutions (VDI)
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
Dell’s Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) Engineering Team is part of one of the fastest growing startups at Dell. We are growing rapidly and looking to add talented and highly motivated Systems/Solutions Engineers, with a broad background in Enterprise scale solutions, to our team. We are a team delivering cutting edge solutions to enable the client desktop of the future. This team draws together expertise and execution across Dell’s complete hardware, software, and services portfolio. As a member of the DVS Engineering team, you will leverage your systems level experience to deliver unique, end-user solutions that help our customer's reshape their desktop infrastructure operating model to radically increase efficiency through the use of advanced systems management solutions, Virtual Management framework integration, and Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions. We are a recently formed startup organization looking for individuals excited to come in on the “ground floor,” help scale our organization, and develop and deliver products and solutions that delight our customers!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration, and validation of HW/SW solutions based on Dell products and third-party software products, including Microsoft and various Linux operating systems, Desktop virtualization platforms from VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix, and management software from Microsoft, Symantec, and other leading management vendors. The engineer will work to understand the various CPU, IO, Storage, and memory features and characterize their impact on various virtualized workloads by designing and deploying large scale server farms to test the underlying architecture. Additionally the engineer will integrate various management products into the architecture and design optimal configurations for typical customer environments. The engineer is expected to work in conjunction with team members, vendors, customers, strategic partners, and others to develop reference architectures, white papers, and best practices around virtualization technologies. The engineer will interface with technical contacts at partner companies to resolve engineering issues pertaining to software and hardware, and interact with customers and internal field personnel to showcase new trends in virtualization and cloud computing. The engineer is expected to communicate these solutions via presentations, whitepapers, and live demonstrations.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities:
Candidates are expected to have at least three years of experience in systems engineering, hardware, software, or solution development. This position requires a BS in CS/CE/EE or related field, MS preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the engineering product development lifecycle/methodology.
- Working knowledge of OS subsystems - process, storage, memory, file systems, etc.
- Windows Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, and Citrix XenServer experience required (with detailed knowledge of at least one).
- VMware view and Citrix XenDesktop experience required (with detailed knowledge of at least one).
- Experience with application virtualization and streaming technologies such as App-V is a plus.
- Experience with systems management principles including management tools and lifecycles.
- Experience with enterprise hardware and technologies including storage controllers, Ethernet adapters, memory modules, processor models, remote management cards.
- Knowledge of storage protocols such as, iSCSI, FibreChannel, Infiniband and infrastructures (e.g., SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language and one scripting language required.
- Testing with automated scripts or test harnesses in a heterogeneous OS environment is a plus.
- Should have analytical skills required to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills and strong teamwork capabilities.
- Displays initiative to learn new technologies and resolve issues across the organization and with partners/vendors.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
About Dell Inc.:
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
- Formal and informal training
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...