Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used everyday by many of the world’s best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 15,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Function as a team member in a high pace, time sensitive environment. Ensure master data integrity, efficient material movement and effective inventory management. Interact with customer service, mill and plant employees, and third party warehouse personnel to support high inventory and shipping performance. Positive communication with team members and management is imperative.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Analyze the trim loss impact of product and production mix. Gain expertise in GPI’s paperboard trim tools (Optivision, Panther, etc.).
- Evaluate mix trends and opportunities for improved mill loading.
- Identify candidate materials for internal VMI programs. Recommend stocking levels to maximize service levels while lowering total working capital investment.
- Conduct analysis to support GPI’s efforts to build robust Sales & Operations Planning processes. Analysis includes, but isn’t limited to: forecast accuracy, analysis of sales plans, highlight supply/demand conflicts, and prioritize solutions based on established criteria.
- Compile the 12-month rolling demand plan. Duties include uploading actual demand figures and creating the initial statistically based forecast.
- Develop SOPs for inventory management systems.
- Recommend & execute inventory dispositions (aged, offspec, reworked rolls, etc).
- Participate in Six Sigma projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties and functions as appropriate.
- 3 – 5 years of supply chain operations in a complex logistics organization.
- Development and implementation experience with kanban, buffer sizing, and VMI solutions.
- Familiar with sales & operations planning processes.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced computer skills including a significant understanding of ERP (e.g. SAP, JDE, etc.) systems.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, Access, and other analytical software tools.
- APICS CPIM designation is preferred.
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute analytical plans.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and professional communication documents.
- Positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a team oriented work environment.
- Ability to use technology to resolve business issues.
- Ability to travel (15%).
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging - 22 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...