We are seeking exceptionally friendly, organized individuals with excellent skills to join our staff as Dental Assistants. In this position you will provide clinical support to dentists and hygienists, including preparation of patients, supplies, and rooms; chair side assistance; radiology and laboratory assistance. Additionally, you will be responsible to ensure appropriate and efficient patient flow for the Dental Providers.
The Health Center is open Monday through Saturday, hours of operation and related shifts range from early morning to late evenings. Evenings and Saturdays are required. Competitive salary will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including individual medical and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation/leave time, and 403B plan.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
- Training and certification as a Dental Assistant.
- At least 1 year of experience providing clinical support in dental programs, including experience with HIV-related dental services, additional experience is preferred.
- Strong computer competency (MS Office, Electronic Medical Record, Practice Management software).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of Federal & NY State patient privacy regulations/laws.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, in addition to Certification as a Dental Assistant.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde.
- Evening availability/schedule flexibility a must.
- Familiarity with LGBT, HIV and health-related issues and community resources.
Subject: Dental Assistant Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Callen-Lorde - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay,...