Dental Assistant II
Seeking a DAII for a position in our Jackson, North Carolina dental office; may cover at our Roanoke Rapids office and on occasion at our Henderson location.
Hours in Jackson and Roanoke Rapids are usually 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Saturdays will be required on a rotating basis.
Please note that this is a clinical position – this is NOT an administrative assistant position.
Classified as a Dental Assistant II meeting at least one (1) of the following criteria as promulgated by the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners:
Successful completion of:
an ADA-accredited dental assisting program and current certification in CPR; or
one academic year or longer in an ADA-accredited dental hygiene program, and current certification in CPR
Successful completion of:
full-time employment and experience as a chairside assistant for two years (3,000 hours) of the preceding five, during which period the assistant may be trained in any dental delivery setting and allowed to perform the functions of a Dental Assistant II under the direct control and supervision of a licensed dentist;
a 3-hour course in sterilization and infection control;
a 3-hour course in dental office emergencies;
radiology training consistent with G.S. 90-29(s)(12);and
current certification in CPR;
Successful completion of the:
certification examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board, and current certification in CPR.
- Classified as a Dental Assistant II
- Complete 7-hour (3 hours didactic, 4 hours clinical) course in coronal polishing.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding when carrying out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective, professional relationships with patients, providers, coworkers, and superiors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Able to work independently; excellent teamwork skills.
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, Microsoft Office software programs, and ability to efficiently learn Dentrix practice management system
- Physical Demands: Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use computer keyboard and perform light lifting. Extensive use of hands; manual dexterity is a requirement.
- CPR certification – training will be provided after hire if candidate is not already certified.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required. Applicants who may serve in an interpreting capacity will be required to take a language assessment.
- Background check, drug screen, and E-Verify required for all positions.
Rural Health Group, Inc. - 16 months ago
Rural Health Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit, community health center dedicated to providing primary medical care, dental care, and other...