St. Cloud Technical & Community College seeks a Dental Assistant instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical & Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the Dental Assistant curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Teach day and evening courses utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods.
- Academic advising to students and contributing to the department as a whole.
- Supervise student internship experiences.
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse postsecondary student.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Engage in scholarly activities consistent with the college’s goals.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships.
- Budget planning and fiscal management.
- Recruitment of students and job placement.
- Associate's degree and graduate of an accredited dental assisting program.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a dental assistant.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Dental Assistant certification by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). Current Dental Assistant License from the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
All dental assisting faculty members have current knowledge at an appropriate level for the subject they teach, in educational theory and methodology and if applicable, in distance education techniques and delivery.
Faculty providing didactic instruction must have earned at least a baccalaureate degree or be currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program.
You must apply online and attach an electronic cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.