The Dental Registration Specialist/Dental Assistant is part of the person centered integrated care team and responsible for interviewing new patients prior to their appointment to gather demographics, insurance and emergency information for patients receiving dental services. The Dental Registration Specialist is responsible for explaining agency Missed Appointment/ Cancellation/Payment policies and collects co-payments for all new patients, if applicable.
Dental Registration Specialist: 85%
· Enters new patient demographics, including insurance coverage, all UDS information, per completed intake paperwork for medical and oral health.
· Reviews ALL intake paperwork for completeness and forwards to Dental Supervisor
· Meets with new patients to review client information data for accuracy and explains agency No Show/Cancellation/Payment policies and collects co-payments for all new patients, if applicable.
· Chair Side Dental Assistant as needed. Primarily in another team member’s absence, i.e. PTO, sick leave, etc.
· Answer multi-line phone system in polite and courteous manner when needed.
· All other duties as assigned.
Dental Assistant Core Responsibilities: 15%
· Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient’s histories
and document in patient chart.
· Prepare operatory with necessary instruments and supplies.
· Coach patients through the methodology of proper oral care.
· Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly.
· Provide patient education and instruction.
· Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization.
· Assist dentists in preparing for minor oral surgeries.
· Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
· Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral/triage, relay messages
and documents accordingly.
· Maintain patients’ files, records, and other information.
· Perform phone triage of all incoming calls.
· Greet and check in patients and hand out comment cards.
· Send correspondence to patients who missed their appointment and/or
are due for a check-up appointment.
B. Dental Assistant Qualifications
· Two years of college or equivalent work experience or-
· Dental Assistant Certification (Expanded Practice, preferred)
· At least one year work experience in similar service-oriented industry
· Knowledge of dental office procedures and equipment
· Dental terminology and basic computer skills preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
· Knowledge of medical records management
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to work autonomously
The Dental Registration Specialist/Dental Assistant receives
supervision from the Dental Services Supervisor.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard