Provide primary dental care to patients, participate in on-call rotation and make referrals to other providers as needed. Offer advice and suggestions to support staff as requested. Fulfill goals of Group through participation in medical staff committee work, assistance in corporate programs and procedures, and community involvement.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide primary dental care to patients as indicated by the Medical Director.
• Assess patients' conditions and provide treatment and medication as indicated.
• Ensure follow-up action; (e.g., referrals to other providers) as necessary.
• Dictate problem-oriented dental records on a timely basis.
• Utilize appropriate diagnostic services; (e.g., lab, x-ray) effectively.
• Offer assistance to support staff; (i.e., hygienists, dental assistants, secretaries) when requested.
• Assist in the development of dental health education materials.
• Foster team concept and group identity in departmental interactions.
• Provide input to Management Team on personnel matters related to dental support staff; (e.g., interviewing, performance appraisals, disciplinary letters, etc.).
• Attendance at medical staff meetings.
• Actively participate medical staff committee and/or corporate committee as assigned.
• Participate in related community activities as needed.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular, consistent, and timely attendance is a requirement of this position.
• Perform other duties as requested.
D.D.S. with New York State license and current registration.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Lifetime Health Medical Group - 8 months ago