Provide editorial and multimedia support for the Team Media department from mid-June through the end of the 2013 season, including playoffs if necessary:
- Creating and publishing website content, including, but not limited to:
-Daily stories, player bios and roster updates, gameday content, videos, photos, transactions, transcriptions and community events
- Collecting player-related content, including, but not limited to:
-Q&As, blogs and features
- Collecting and expanding video, audio and photo content offerings
- Preparing and sending text alerts and email updates
- Writing feature articles and news items for team publications, including Broncos Gameday and Broncos Magazine
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current college senior or recent graduate in journalism, public relations, communications or similar discipline
- Minimum of two years experience as a student working for a college newspaper, website, college sports information office or in a communications department of a sports organization
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Understanding of social media
- Strong writing, interpersonal and computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours (weekends/holidays and travel)
- The following skills will receive extra consideration:
- Knowledge and experience with still photography
- Basic video shooting and editing. Demo reels sent with resume will be reviewed
- HTML/site building, graphic design
A monthly stipend will be provided during the internship
- Final candidates will be selected to participate in an interview process (in-person for local candidates/via video conference for out-of-town candidates)
- Recent interns have secured jobs with the Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mountain West Conference, NFL Network, Phoenix Coyotes, USA Taekwondo, Washington Post and other major newspapers
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you worked for a college newspaper or SID department?
2. Have you covered a football game?
3. Are you comfortable relocating to Denver?
4. Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?
National Football League - 23 months ago
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...