Provide support services to the faculty of the Department of Mathematical, Information and Computer Sciences, and the Department of Physics and Engineering.
- Facilitate and assist faculty members with anticipating and meeting the needs of students by maintaining a well organized and professional office, routing/distributing department correspondence, filing, copying, arranging meetings, mail processing, ordering supplies, tracking purchase orders and expenses, maintaining the departmental websites and bulletin boards, ordering textbooks, arranging for office equipment repair and maintenance and other duties required for the efficient operation of the office.
- Type and proofread course syllabi, examinations, class handouts, reports, proposals, manuscripts, and correspondence. Devise system for tracking assignments to ensure completion and availability of finished product in a timely, consistent and professional manner. Initiate two-way communication with faculty to promote understanding of upcoming work requirements in order to prioritize effectively.
- Assist in the planning of special events (conferences, workshops, colloquia) and social gatherings (for students and alumni).
- Assist with the administration of the Mathematics Placement Test (this involves scheduling students and processing data).
- Respond to the questions of students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including providing support services to other Rohr Science departments as needed.
- Two years administrative assistant experience requiring computer proficiency with Windows, Word, and Excel. Ability to quickly learn new software. Ability to type 45 wpm.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing, producing, and supervising tasks. Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of students and faculty is essential.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Command of correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and produce job assignments in a timely manner.
- Positive, friendly disposition and the ability to communicate and deal effectively with students, faculty and staff.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: