KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Interview and recommend candidates for faculty positions within the department across all campuses.
2. Ensure that credentials of faculty meet accreditation requirements and are properly documented.
3. Conduct on-site evaluations and monitor annual reviews of all faculty members within the department.
4. Act as a liaison between faculty/Program Directors and the Assistant/Associate Dean [insert college of /school of].
5. Supervise and write curriculum changes for the department as deemed necessary and in collaboration with other campuses of South University.
6. Serve as an academic advisor.
7. Ensure implementation of appropriate and correct departmental course syllabi. Information should be derived from the Academic Course Outlines as provided on the South University website.
8. Assist with the development of curricular and policy revisions as requested by the Assistant/Associate Dean [insert college of /school of], College Dean or Vice President for Academic Affairs.
9. Assist in the textbook selection process for courses within the department and maintain the master booklist for the [insert program] program.
10. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the department and monitor monthly expenditures.
11. Ensure that program advisory committees are formed and meet at least twice a year.
12. Adhere to university policies as described in the Employee Handbook, the Faculty Supplement to the Employee Handbook, job description, or other separate guidelines.
13. Perform instructional duties as assigned as outlined in the Faculty job description.
14. Advise campus program directors in academic matters and accreditation issues.
15. Complete at least one professional development activity per year.
16. Play an integral role in the student recruitment process and growth of assigned programs.
17. Participate in departmental leadership meetings held by the Assistant/Associate Dean [Insert College of /school of] and/or College Dean and contribute to the work of this group.
18. Serve the College and University on committees as requested by the Assistant/Associate Dean [Insert College of /school of].
19. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant/Associate Dean [insert college of/ school of]
•: Earned PhD- Healthcare Management or Healthcare Administration preferred. Other terminal degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Healthcare Management may be considered. Academic credentials must be conferred by a regionally accredited university. Prior teaching experience in a college or university; successful record of academic leadership required. Significant practical experience in a healthcare setting desired. This position also requires the ability to create and /or implement student-focused processes and procedures, and a strong emphasis on anticipating and addressing student needs.
• A minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience
• Practical experience in the discipline of the program.
• Evidence of management experience or potential
• Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, and academic journals. Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community. Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups.
• Other requirements specific to the discipline
Reports to: Campus Dean of Academic Affairs/ Associate Dean, College of Business
Supervises: Program Directors and faculty in academic matters.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 12 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...