University of Idaho
Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Open for Recruitment: April 1, 2013 - May 1, 2013
Announcement #: 12006015257
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full or Part Time: Full Time
- Online Application ( Apply Here )
- Job References
- Letter of Application
- Administrative Philosophy Statement
- Philosophy of Leadership in a Teaching, Research, and Outreach Program
- Provide vision and leadership for departmental programs in teaching, research, and extension to ensure these activities are progressive, innovative, of the highest quality and compatible with the strategic plan of the department, college and university.
- Serve as primary departmental liaison with CALS administration and actively participate in the CALS leadership team of department administrators.
- Work collaboratively with four division chairs to coordinate departmental programs.
- Serve as an effective liaison with stakeholder groups, industry and alumni.
- Provide primary oversight for faculty hiring, facilities and fiscal management.
- Foster communication, collaboration and professional development among faculty, staff and students located at multiple sites.
- Promote and coordinate development of multi/interdisciplinary programs and extramural funding efforts, including gifts, grants, contracts and scholarships.
- Have earned rank of full professor in agronomy, entomology, horticulture, plant pathology, plant science, soils or related field.
**Applicants must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check**
- Evidence of excellence in research, teaching or extension programming in one or more areas of specialization.
- Have a record of effective participation and leadership in department, college or university activities.
- Evidence of ability to communicate and work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, university administrators, colleagues and clients.
- Experience in strategic planning and fiscal, personnel and facilities management.
- Evidence of a commitment to professional development of faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with constituents in the public and private sector.
- Evidence of commitment to undergraduate and graduate educational program development and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction for research and extension programming, including external grant funding support, program development and assessment, and technology transfer.
- A record of commitment to recruiting and retaining diverse students, faculty and staff.
Complete the online application including a letter of application addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of this position, leadership philosophy, current vitae, two letters of reference, and names and contact information of two additional professional references. Application materials may also be sent to:
Dr. Donn Thill
Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID 83844
CALS actively encourages applications and nominations of women and members of other underrepresented groups.
Search and selection procedures will be closed May 1, 2013 or when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
The PSES department is located in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. We offer undergraduate emphases in Environmental Horticulture, Insects and Society, Plant Biotechnology, Soil and Land Resources, and Sustainable Cropping Systems. We offer advanced degrees in Entomology, Plant Science, and Soil and Land Resources.
Our research programs are diverse and include many areas within the disciplines mentioned. We are active in basic and applied research. There are also opportunities for interdisciplinary research in such areas as biotechnology and integrated pest management. We also develop and deliver extension programs within these disciplines.
Faculty and support personnel are located on-campus in Moscow, and at research and extension centers in Aberdeen, Idaho Falls, Kimberly, Parma and Twin Falls.
To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of Idaho - 11 months ago