Job Title: Department Operations Supervisor - Hannaford
Job Location: Schodack Landing, NY
Shift: This shift will start out as an evening shift beginning usually at 3pm but could vary
Position Summary: Oversee the department functions, associates, and meets and maintains production standards for receiving or shipping department assigned. Handles all daily issues and projects under the direction of the Operations Manager and Distribution Manager. Works with all Distribution Center Departments, Transportation, and Inventory Management to ensure the timely and safe movement of product. Hold associates accountable for providing retail and our customers the best quality product possible.
Principle Duties and Responsibilites:
• Supervises day to day activities of department of business unit and assigned staff
• Supervise associate performance through performance planning, coaching, appraisal and disciplinary efforts
• Responsible for assisting in hiring, training, and developing of all new and existing associates
• Work with all applicable departments to ensure efficiently and accurate flow of inventory in and out of distribution center
• Work with business partners and unload service to ensure they are fully staffed and supporting distribution operations in a safe manner
• Observe department staffing daily and make adjustments where needed.
• Verify daily that associates are on a Labor Management assignment.
• Hold departmental meetings as expected
• Communicate and administer disciplinary action to associates who violate company policy.
• Communicate with appropriate individuals/departments during the shift that may affect other warehouse departments
• Supervise associates’ time and attendance
• Efficiently lead the associates of the department toward attaining their individual and combines goals through hands-on guidance.
• Help meet department operational and budget goals
• Provide accurate reporting information to DC Leadership Team and others
• Provide project/task leadership as assigned
• Make recommendations for modifications to procedures or processes impacting their work group or center that will maximize efficiency, productivity, and reduce costs
• Ensure compliance with Delhaize America standards in the areas of accuracy, safety and productivity.
• High School Education or equivalent
• 1-3 years distribution warehouse experience
• Certified on a powered industrial equipment where applicable
• Familiarity/experience in a distribution environment
• Basic understanding of business financial reports and information
• Good communication, verbal, and written skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good conflict management skills
• Knowledge of company standard practices
• Ability to supervise or manage multiple tasks and shift priorities in fast pace environment
• Ability to communicate and complete required record keeping functions
• Ability to articulate and align associates with department and business goals
• Must be able to work needed schedule to perform assigned duties
• Ability to work in a -5 degree to 90+ degree Fahrenheit environment (temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time
• Work in a warehouse environment with varying conditions (i.e. cool temperatures, concrete floors, powered industrial trucks)
• Ability to read and understand written and numeric product identifiers
FoodLion - 8 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...