Responsible for intermediate daily support of multifunctional business and administrative departmental support, administrative functions and responsibilities as established through departmental needs.
Essential Job Functions
Provide day-to-day, multifunctional business and administrative support.
Respond to general inquiries by answering telephone calls, e-mails or face-to-face communication and directing calls and inquiries to appropriate personnel.
Create, prepare and maintain office files and personnel folders.
Assist with analyzing and maintaining department accounting and budget records. Maintain data to generate reports, presentations, and assist with research and projects.
Send, receive and distribute documents, including faxes and correspondence to appropriate department personnel.
May copy, code, and route P-Card expenditures assigned to the department; reconcile monthly P-Card statements for staff approval.
May process and maintain department records including invoices, expenses and supply orders.
May provide on-the-job training to other staff as required.
Perform backup functions in the absence of the Administrative Office Coordinator, including support to the Director
Perform backup function in the absence of the Administrative Office Assistant, including interviewing organization representatives to establish eligibility for program room use.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Some college courses completed or training beyond the high school level
- 2-4 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, customer service and/or administrative support
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Basic to intermediate skills in PC and systems application
- Good to excellent customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt to various working environments
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment but performing some physical labor, exposure to dust and travel to various sites may occur. Physical tasks will include lifting file boxes or equipment up to 35 pounds, squatting, bending, stooping, walking and carrying supplies or files, as needed, to accomplish the tasks of the activity on a daily basis. Primary environment will be in a climate controlled, indoor atmosphere. Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
2 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.