Imerys, world leader in Mining Industrial Minerals, is hiring a Deputy Controller for our San Jose office.
• Provide timely financial information to NAFM and PFM controllers and help the subsidiaries to meet the deadlines with accurate figures (in accordance with the Imerys procedures and IFRS).
• Participate directly in implementation of new procedures (continuous improvements) and systems (Magnitude and Analytics).
• Primary contact with NAFM external auditors, manage “PBC - prepared by client” deliverables.
This position will be responsible for reviewing NAFM and PFM financial information (More than 100 entities in Consolidation for PFM including Top entities) and total revenue of approximately E700 million. 2 FP&A analysts report up to this position.
Specify percentage of domestic travel required. approx. 10%
Specify percentage of international travel required. approx. 10%
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the PFM deadlines in accordance with Imerys timetable and ensure subsidiaries meet them
• Check figures provided by the subsidiaries are correct (including intragroup eliminations and royalties) and restate them in order to provide Top management with consolidated data at NAFM and PFM level (Consolidation, Flash, Reporting, Forecast, Budget, CTCA, Shares, Off-balance-sheet commitments and 25 biggest suppliers/customers)
• Check the coherence between phases (Consolidation, Reporting and CTCA)
• Ensure the historical data are accurate in case of restatement because of scope reorganisation
• Compute the Performance Minerals and Filtration and Talc margin on inventories
• Responsible for all “TOP” PFM entities – content, reporting and variance analysis
• Analyze the non-operational P&L and check entities received the relevant authorization from Imerys
• Track “one-offs” reporting
• Liaise with various departments to obtain non-financial information as required (example–headcount)
• Compute the New Products sales reporting for NAFM and PFM, as well as consolidation for PFM NPD’s.
• Manage and prepare PFM Dashboard reporting (including non-financial KPI’s) for Executive VP
• Assist in preparation of PFM Consolidated Quarterly Review presentations
• Assist in preparation of PFM Consolidated Budget, including variance analysis, phasing and presentations.
• Manage the deliverables for the NAFM external auditors (timetable, organisation, scope, budget and invoice).
• Serve as PFM technical accounting expert. Assist subsidiaries for topics related to Imerys procedures, IFRS and Financial IT systems (Magnitude and Analytics)
• Provide support for subsidiaries with purchase accounting
• Key participant in process improvement initiatives for PFM Finance activities.
• Prepare ad hoc financial and business analysis
• Recruit, manage, train and develop staff
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
• Accounting/Internal Controls: Insure timely and accurate application of Imerys policies, accounting & internal controls rules.
Education and Experience requirements:
• Education: 4yr degree in accounting from an accredited University or College. Master’s in same field preferred.
• Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: Thorough understanding of IFRS. CPA or CMA preferred.
• Language Skills: Fluent English.
• Computer Skills: Advanced Excel skills as well as MS Office, Word, & PowerPoint. Experience with consolidation software (SAP Business Objects – Financial Consolidation or equivalent) highly preferred.
• Related Work Experience: Minimum of 6 years of accounting experience required. Financial reporting and public accounting experience highly preferred.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics (Identify skills/attributes required for this position which may include leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, communications, planning, team participation skills, and/or language requirements.)
• Complexity & Judgment: Detailed analysis required to ensure the data are relevant and propose figures under new format.
• Relationship: Will interface with the subsidiaries and the different services in Imerys headquarter with little supervision to reach the deadlines, quality requested (in accordance with Imerys procedures and IFRS) and help with financial data retrieval (magnitude and Analytics).
• Confidential Data: This position will be exposed to confidential information, financial results, product costs etc. The highest level of integrity is expected and needed for this position. Anything less will be detrimental to the business.
• Impact of Errors: Individuals within senior management and throughout the organization will base their action and/or corrective action plans upon the data provided. Therefore, the consequences resulting from misinformation or errors could be substantial although unquantifiable at this time. The utmost degree of competency, accuracy, and thoroughness is required in this position.
• Proactive: Anticipate issues/requests to stick to deadlines.
• Data analysis and restatement: Ability to quickly turn data into well organized information/reports that allow sound and timely decision making by the Top management. Must be hands on in digging and sorting through the details.
• Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
• Overtime is required periodically throughout the year with heavy overtime required during peak accounting/reporting periods such as month-end, quarter-end, and fiscal year-end activities.
IMERYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Imerys - 23 months ago
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...