DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Assist America provides emergency services for some 30 million travelers worldwide. Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc. is the nation’s largest provider of global emergency medical services through employee and student benefit plans. Our company was formed specifically to address the unique requirements of the insurance industry’s large membership groups. We cover employees (or insured associ...ation members) and their dependents for business travel, vacations and personal trips for which the moral and legal employer responsibility is lifted.
Our members enjoy complete peace of mind, freed from dealing with complex decisions and financial considerations during difficult times, and secure in knowing that a single phone call to Assist America will put our vast network of resources in motion on behalf of any medical travel emergency. If appropriate medical care is not available locally, we will transport a patient, by air ambulance if necessary, to the nearest facility that meets our rigorous standards. Our 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year operations centers are staffed by experienced, knowledgeable, multilingual emergency certified medical and assistance professionals.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of an emergency operations center comprised of employees working in both medical and non-medical coordinator roles. Collaborates directly with other senior management level employees to set and monitor department and individual goals as they relate to overall organizational strategic direction.
Collaborates effectively with internal training resources and other corporate employees for the recruitment, onboarding, development, and performance management of new and existing employees. May perform other duties related to the operations call center or the organization as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate staffing levels and schedules based on, historic call volumes and other related metrics;
- Monitoring department culture and employee morale in an effort to develop team motivating projects and take other corrective actions as needed;
- Oversight of case management system, focusing on its usefulness and functionality;
- Suggesting revisions and enhancements to product, process and procedure as needed;
- Operational budget planning and review;
- Work to determine appropriate staff levels and address deficiencies when needed;
- Answers questions and works to resolve customer issues or complaints as the final point-of-contact in escalation process of assistance cases;
- Strong coaching and development based on monitoring of individual, team, and department results on a consistent basis;
- Identify and act upon both positive and negative performance trends including performing annual performance reviews for multiple staff;
- Attendance at staff meetings and other in-house training as needed;
- On-call availability; Oversight of HIPAA compliance;
- Support of Sales/Marketing and Client Relations regarding program enhancement;
- Special projects or other duties as assigned;
- Review of contingency plans and other back-up protocol for office;
- Travel as needed including the possibility of international travel.
(7) Seven+ years of managerial experience, preferably in a call center environment;
Team building experience;
Excellent communication skills;
Organizational and time management skills;
BA or BS;
Foreign language skills;
International travel experience;
Call center experience;