Information International Associates, Inc, a dynamic and well respected, woman owned small business, is seeking a Deputy Program Director for an important contract with the Department of Education. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing all aspects of a digital library system and understand information management strategies to address information acquisition and distribution in support of education, including the use of the Education Research Information Center (ERIC).
The Deputy Director will manage the day to day activities of a team of information professionals to effectively and efficiently address the ERIC mission. Additionally, he or she will be responsible for identifying and implementing improvements that enhance the quality of delivery over time.
The position is located in the Washington, DC area.
Required capabilities include:
- Master’s degree in information science, information technology, or a related area.
- Extensive experience supervising the work of a 15+-member team of professionals, as well as managing the quality of simultaneous tasks
- 10 years’ experience managing all phases of digital repositories, including a website, database of library collections, and database search engines
- Experience managing a diverse staff, including subcontractors and consultants
Desired capabilities include:
- Demonstrated implementation of user outreach strategies and innovative approaches to user support
- Experience with metadata and vocabulary development
- Experience with information life cycle management
- Familiarity with the Education Resource Information Center (ERIC) database
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex scientific and technical information in a user-friendly and intuitive manner
- Skilled in organizing, planning and managing projects
Current certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP), preferred
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 10 months ago