This is a FULL TIME position with benefits.
Under direction from the Grounds/Custodial Supervisor. This position oversees the daily routines for all aspects of the Grounds/Custodial Staff, in areas as assigned. Including, but not limited to: Giving out daily work assignments to staff, routine inspections of the facilities to assure assigned work is being carried out, all areas are being properly maintained, and quality control. This is a hands on, detail oriented position, which requires both leadership abilities as well as an attitude of involvement. Must possess knowledge in: floor care and the safe and proper use of various cleaning chemicals. Eye for quality control of cleanliness in exterior, interior, and restrooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designate staff and oversee Litter Control in all areas as assigned, including: walkways, grassy areas, World Gate, Front entrance, and all building common areas, including offices.
- Cleanliness and supply stock of all restroom facilities.
- Cleanliness of all Administrative areas. (If assigned)
- Perform and give direction on hand painting.
- Oversee: use of floor care equipment, scrubbers, orbital buffers, extractors and vacuums.
- Snow removal and ice control.
Very active. Janitorial responsibilities combined with leadership role. A lot of walking, lifting and some climbing, in all weather conditions.
May perform duties indoors or outdoors as assigned. Ability to work effectively in all weather conditions.
Internal: Daily with zoo staff.
External: Daily with visitors.
- Knowledge of janitorial/cleaning techniques.
- Knowledge of safe and proper use of various chemicals.
- Knowledge of use and proper care of various types of floor care equipment.
- Knowledge of hand painting.
- Knowledge of snow removal equipment, walk behind blowers, power brooms etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum three years experience in janitorial and building maintenance skills. Minimum 21 years of age.
Must have the ability to make decisions when the Grounds Supervisor is not available.
Direct leadership of grounds/custodial staff workers.
Very demanding and fast paced job that can get hectic with occasional periods of high stress.