The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Histology Lab Aid to join our Dermpath Diagnostics team in Newtown Square, PA. This person will work on-call to cover day shift.
Currently we are seeking a Histology Lab Aide. As a Histology Lab Aide, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
2. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
3. Prepare reagents for tissue processing and routine slide staining, under direct supervision.
4. Perform routine H&E staining either manually or automated.
5. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
6. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
7. Responsible for all assigned clerical duties associated with the Histology laboratory.
8. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
9. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
10. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
11. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School Education or equivalent
Work Experience: 0-2 years experience in a histology laboratory is preferred.
1. Good clerical, organizational and communication skills.
2. Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
Key Word Search: histology, tissue sample, accessioning, labeling, slide staining, cover slipping.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 20 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...