JC Licht is part of the Indecor Group, Inc - Benjamin Moore & Co.’s family of Company-Owned stores. We are full service paint and decorating retail destination featuring Benjamin Moore Products. The store chain has locations in Chicago, Virginia, Philadelphia, New York City and Hawaii. There are exciting opportunities for growth in different geographic locations throughout the United States.
JC Licht is currently recruiting for a Design Consultant to provide superior service to all customers and assist the store manager and assistant store manager as needed. The primary responsibility for the designer/Decorator is attaining sales growth targets related to home fashions products. Responsibilities include developing a business plan for in-store selling, in-store events, out of store event and home consultations that focus on using the latest design trends in color, fabrics, window treatments to close sales and achieve goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design Consultant: color and design, consultant, design consultant, color consultant, color station, customer service, paint store, paint and decorating, paint employment, retail paint stores, retail jobs
- Develop, evaluate and maintain an effective sales and marketing plan for an assigned store and implement Senior Management’s strategies.
- Ensure home décor sales growth through effective account prospecting and increase in purchasing orders.
- Partner with store managers gaining a complete understanding of all paint related jobs taking place to prospect customers for décor sales.
- Educate all existing and prospective customers on store product portfolio and services.
- Identifies new selling opportunities and closes new deals in alignment with store and market strategies and assigned goals.
- Provide in store assistance with color selection
- Communicate with clients to assess what they want and need in a space, and then present your ideas for meeting those goals in a compelling way
- Define the overall project needs, budget, coordinate with vendors, manage contracts appropriately and ensure adherence to project schedules and timelines.
- Create design plans for customers with identified needs to emphasize full project solutions including wallpaper, window treatments and other décor products, paint products and sundries
- Manage complaint resolutions
- Consistently follow-up with customers to close sales
- Research new design materials, trade magazines, decorating books and videos to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Meet customers for in-home consultations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- A bachelor’s degree in interior design or equivalent experience.
- Demonstration of design or related decorating experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the décor business
- Experience with cold calling tactics
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication
- Speaking and listening skills
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, satisfying customer complaints and negotiating;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to manage time efficiently and appropriately
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience,
- Ability to use and maximize the effectiveness of information technology resources.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...