Make a Difference
As a Design Coordinator, Adams County, PA
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, construction, facility, intelligence, environmental, and information technology needs. Our staff has supported mission critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance clean-up, missile defense, and disaster relief programs. We excel in delivering to mission critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Supports Project Manager on all construction projects or architectural studies by ensuring that the design standards of the FSD program are adhered to and that design effort is coordinated to support the overall goals and objectives. Serves as primary POC on the planning and development of Design/Build Scopes of Work (SOW) and for ensuring that all planning deadlines are met.
1. Coordinate with internal teams, other Government Agencies and contractors, and the customer to gather SOW objectives and requirements for use in ECM SOWs.
2. Work with internal Planning Team on preparation of cost estimates and schedules during SOW development and for final use with Request for Proposal (RFP) package
3. Review Design Build (DB) Contractor’s Basis of Design (BOD) and design submittals for conformance with the RFP and provide the Project Manager with any concerns and recommendations of acceptance.
4. Oversee and manage the design review process to include maintaining accurate and timely design review databases.
5. Complete weekly field walks of any construction project to ensure that field work confirms with the accepted drawings. Assist Project Manager in tracking items through to closure.
1. 4-year College Degree in an engineering or architectural related discipline.
2. Minimum of 5-years construction management work experience.
3.Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to form teams and proactively coordinate numerous items on a planning level schedule.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to read and interpret contract requirements and to read engineering drawings
5. Ability to collect, analyze and compare work performance with contract requirements and to make recommendations to for any performance issues
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Familiarity with Building requirements and the Universal Space Plan (USP) for use in.
2. Experience with DB contracts.
3. Familiarity with design software such as Bentley Microstation or ProjectWise.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Parsons Corporation - 9 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...