Position Title: Design Engineer
Employees are also expected to perform job responsibilities in compliance with all operating policies and procedures, while focusing on teamwork and communication, to contribute to the Company's quality objectives:
*Customer On-time Delivery
*Superior Customer Quality Rating
*Reduced Cost of Poor Quality
*Increased Return on Capital
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Develop new product designs that meet or exceed performance and cost targets, on a compressed time schedule.
- Design & Analyze aerospace control valves, hydraulic motors/pumps and actuators.
- Investigate, evaluate and develop new product applications for existing equipment and systems.
- Determines principles involved and applying analytical and investigative methods and techniques.
- Development Testing & Qualification Testing.
- Develop test procedures for equipment and systems.
- Support new business proposals with technical data & description as well as program cost & schedule estimates.
- Effectively communicate with customer engineers and Curtiss Wright Controls product engineers, test engineers, program managers, manufacturing engineers and production plant personnel.
Minimum Education requirements: B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. Higher technical degree a plus.
- 3 years minimum experience in the design of aircraft precision hydraulic control components, preferred in valves, hydraulic motor/pump actuators.
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, DOD Standards, MIL Specifications.
- Knowledge of aircraft primes & government air safety regulatory requirements.
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T and either Pro-E, CATIA V5 CAD software or UG NX CAD software.
- Be able to create solid models and detailed drawings.
- Demonstrate team leadership skills and the ability to coordinate multiple project responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills and must work well within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Experience in stress analysis a plus.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of US ITAR Regulations.
Curtiss-Wright Controls is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V.
Curtiss-Wright - 2 years ago
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...