Job Location: Columbus, GA Job Status: Exempt & ROA
Reports to: Design Supervisor
Position Title: Design Engineer No of Positions: 2
Posting Date: July 3, 2013
- Take Care of our Customers
- Assist in division sales and profits by designing safe, accurate, and cost effective structures.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely design package in accordance with American Buildings Company guidelines and other governing codes and standards.
- Assist in project meetings, estimating, special projects, as well as research and development as needed by the company or division.
- Actively manage projects through effective communication and documentation with customers and teammates in other departments.
- Demonstrates ability to “value-engineer” projects while communicating with inside and outside customers to achieve cost effective design solutions and maximize company profitability.
- Willingness and ability to travel to job sites and our fabrication facility occasionally. Sometimes with short notice.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: .
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with focus in structural engineering.
- A minimum of (8) years experience with Design or Estimation of Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings.
"Nucor is an EEO/AA employer and a drug-free workplace."
- Understanding of current building loads/codes and standard industry practices within the metal buildings industry.
- Professional Engineering registration in United States and/or Canada.
- Experience with roofing or self storage systems.
- Ability to properly interpret Architectural and Structural Drawings and develop project scopes when needed.