We are currently conducting a search for a Design Engineer in our Southborough, MA office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Zoning reviews – Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence – Includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
• Preparation of Concept Drawings – based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
• Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems – including use of AutoCAD/LDD and Hydrology design software. Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems including drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning’s Equation. Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality.
• Grading Design – to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
• Design of Utility Systems – including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design – including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
• Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates – based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
• Project Coordination – Includes conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application.
• Preparation of written correspondence - Outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 0-2 + years of residential and/or commercial site design and permitting experience.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Proficient with AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of the planning and zoning process.
• Self starter who can work independently and with team members.
• Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals.
• EIT Preferred.
• Design and drafting capabilities.
• Proficient in Hydraflow and/or HydraCAD.
• Grading and drainage design skills.
Bohler Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.