- Design and develop high quality, robust bicycle wheels from concept to prototyping and into mass production. The first years’ projects will focus on wheels with aluminum rims and hubs.
- Support development of associated manufacturing processes and process controls.
- Create part and assembly models and drawings.
- Develop test plans to verify and validate designs, review test results, and determine disposition.
- Implement SRAM Lean Product Development principles to effectively utilize available resources and produce world class product designs.
- Help to provide direction and leadership to Associate Engineers and support staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and developing mechanisms for the consumer market. (bicycle components preferred)
- CAD software proficiency (Pro/E preferred).
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, DOE’s, Six Sigma and Lean practices preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with product development and sourcing in Asia preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork required.
- Strong technical bicycle system knowledge, including mechanical aptitude in building and trouble-shooting bicycles and components.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, primarily to Asia, three to five times per year for 1-2 weeks at a time.
Register for this job online
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,200 people in 12 offices across 7 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.