Play a vital role within a growing company in Land and Site Development. Imagine a career where your opinion counts, where you can ask questions everyday about your work and career and get answers from experienced professionals; your future is important to us, our company and our community.
Bohler is the premier Land Development Civil/Site Consulting Firm in the eastern U.S., providing civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture and permitting services throughout several industries. Bohler employees produce high quality project documents and continuously communicate with team members, managers and outside entities.
We are currently conducting a search for a strong Design Engineer in our Warren, NJ office.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Zoning Reviews of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence, including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems, including use of AutoCAD/LDD and Hydrology design software. Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems, including drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning’s Equation. Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality.
- Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
- Design of Utility Systems, including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
- Project Coordination, Including conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application.
- Preparation of Written Correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT or PE preferred.
- 3 - 7 years of commercial site design and permitting experience.
- Experience designing both big-box and pad retail sites with limited supervision and the ability to compile a full set of civil site plan documents.
- Must have the ability to understand and implement jurisdictional requirements in the design of retail and commercial projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of the planning and zoning process.
- Self starter who can work independently and with team members.
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Design and drafting capabilities.
- Proficient in Hydraflow and/or HydraCAD.
- Grading and drainage design skills.
Bohler Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
- Must be capable of using Microsoft Project for the purpose of preparing permitting critical path and Gantt charts.
- Familiar with the use of AutoCAD (X-Refs, Layers, Raster images, plot files, etc.) to assist in the production of site plan drawings. The use of Truck Turning & Modeling software a plus.
- Proficient in the use of the following design tools for site engineering:
- Water CAD
- Various Nomographs
- Gravity Flow – Hydraulic Analysis, Manning’s Equation
Bohler Engineering - 5 months ago