San Luis Obispo, USA
- Design and develop new crank and bottom bracket products, from 3D modeling to drawing creation and production implementation.
- Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate product problem resolution when necessary.
- Implement SRAM Lean Product Development principles to effectively utilize available resources and produce world class product designs.
- Build and maintain relationships with SRAM product managers, team leaders, team members, and factory and supplier personnel.
- Make quality part of the SRAM brand and build awareness of quality throughout the development team.
- Partner with the development team to meet project timing and cost targets.
Education / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- CAD software proficiency required (Pro/E preferred).
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, DOE’s, Six Sigma and Lean practices preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with product development and sourcing in Asia preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills required.
- Strong technical bicycle drivetrain knowledge, including mechanical aptitude in building and troubleshooting bicycles and components.
Register for this job online
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,500 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.