San Luis Obispo, USA
- Design and develop new crank and bottom bracket products, from 3D modeling to drawing creation and production implementation.
- Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate product problem resolution when necessary.
- Implement SRAM Lean Product Development principles to effectively utilize available resources and produce world class product designs.
- Build and maintain relationships with SRAM product managers, team leaders, team members, and factory and supplier personnel.
- Make quality part of the SRAM brand and build awareness of quality throughout the development team.
- Partner with the development team to meet project timing and cost targets.
Education / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- CAD software proficiency required (Pro/E preferred).
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, DOE’s, Six Sigma and Lean practices preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with product development and sourcing in Asia preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills required.
- Strong technical bicycle drivetrain knowledge, including mechanical aptitude in building and troubleshooting bicycles and components.
SRAM Corporation - 13 months ago