- Design and develop high quality, robust bicycle wheels from concept to prototyping and into mass production. The first years’ projects will focus on wheels with aluminum rims and hubs.
- Support development of associated manufacturing processes and process controls.
- Create part and assembly models and drawings.
- Develop test plans to verify and validate designs, review test results, and determine disposition.
- Implement SRAM Lean Product Development principles to effectively utilize available resources and produce world class product designs.
- Help to provide direction and leadership to Associate Engineers and support staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and developing mechanisms for the consumer market. (bicycle components preferred)
- CAD software proficiency (Pro/E preferred).
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Experience with a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, DOE’s, Six Sigma and Lean practices preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with product development and sourcing in Asia preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork required.
- Strong technical bicycle system knowledge, including mechanical aptitude in building and trouble-shooting bicycles and components.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, primarily to Asia, three to five times per year for 1-2 weeks at a time.
SRAM Corporation - 19 months ago