Support a development team of engineers to design electro-mechanical and sewn products in a medical device environment. This position will be responsible for creating three dimensional CAD models and drawings from sketches, manufactured goods, and legacy CAD data, support development and sustain engineering functions throughout the product lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with project teams to release new products, assist in the qualification of components for product launch, and support post launch engineering changes.
- Make final drawings, check dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Dimension and detail drawings using geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Migrate legacy data ensuring parametric requirements are maintained.
- Maintain and update Product Data Management system, support document control and data retrieval.
- Transfer engineering changes on to solid models and drawings.
- Uses Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) and SolidWorks software to generate solid models and simple designs in computer aided design software with direction from engineers and designers.
- Utilize knowledge of various computers, machines, engineering practices, mathematics and materials to complete drawings.
- Prepare routine tolerance studies and project documentation.
- Assist with process sheets and work instructions for manufacturing.
- Generate parts lists/manuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Basic understanding of Product Data Management system structure and function.
· Strong analytical, organizational and detail orientated skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Self-starter and able to work independently.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
*Associates degree or equivalent in CAD from a two-year college or technical school or an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education may be considered
*2+ years experience in SolidWorks CAD modeling and drafting environment.
*Proven parametric modeling proficiency
*Experience with design of textiles/sewn goods are a plus.
*Previous experience designing in an equipment manufacturing setting is preferred.
Joerns Healthcare Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Joerns Healthcare Inc. - 18 months ago
Joerns is a company that values People, with a tradition of caring that goes back over 120 years. What sets us apart is our passion for...