Position Summary : Prepares clear, complete and accurate plans and detail drawings for engineering or manufacturing purposes, including dimensioned layouts with special fits and tolerances. Create models and manufacturing drawings from customer specification or engineering sketches. Create proposal drawings. Ability to work with minimum supervision. Change existing drawings as required by ECO. Detail/draft according to ANSI 14.5.
Successful candidate will (essential duties and responsibilities):
Under nominal supervision will:
- Create layouts of new devices or prototypes.
- Detail parts and components using good drafting practices.
- Make finished detail parts drawings from Designer’s requirements.
- Make proposal drawing from sketches, wiring or schematic drawings.
- Modify existing mechanical and schematic drawings according to change orders (ECO’s).
- Implement drawing changes from ECO’s.
- Package simple mechanical electronic devices.
- Perform dimensional checks for form and fit.
- Assist Design Engineer with other drafting-related functions.
- Create PDR/CDR presentation.
Background and Skills :
- Vocational school certificate or equivalent with 5 years experience in drafting.
- Working knowledge of 3D design software SolidWorks or SolidDesigner and Annotation.
- Ability to follow ANSI 14.5 drawing practices.
- Strong understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Perform stack up tolerance study. Work closely with all other disciplines.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in the English language.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be required to sit for long periods of time.
Meggitt - 24 months ago