The Lead Senior Designer is a highly skilled, organized and detail-oriented graphic designer who has a solid understanding of branding, corporate and the ability to generate highly creative work independently or alongside other design team members. He/she will ensure delivery of great work, within tight timelines, while maintaining support of the client's strategy and direction.
Marketing experience in the consumer goods/retail industry, while not necessary, is extremely beneficial.
Experience with brands targeting men, ages 35-60, on discretionary spending will also be considered.
- Under the guidance of the Creative Manager, work cohesively within a team of designers developing solutions for Brand and Multi-Channel marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate the ability for strong conceptual design
with regards to: brand identity, direct mail, promotional advertising, Web, event graphics and in-store signage. Secondary responsibilities include presentation design and inter-departmental graphics
- Elevate and maintain high creative standards with a solid understanding of the clients brand, its target audience and marketing channels
- Direct photographers and stylists during photo shoots
- Work closely with Project Coordinators/Workflow to ensure adherence to schedules
; execute designs and revisions to meet and exceed project requirements
- Maintain consistent brand guidelines and representation across all media and
- Attend and facilitate meetings with client when necessary; be able to give direction and take direction with a level of respect and professionalism
- Create and review project layouts and proofs for accuracy and consistency adhering
to design and print specifications
- Set up, collect and preflight files for print production, including the creation of
print-ready PDF files. Release files to printer as necessary
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or related field
- Strong design background and a portfolio reflecting 7-10 yrs. experience in a professional design/interactive space
- Golf play experience and an understanding of the fundamentals of the game
is strongly recommended
- Work efficiently under tight deadlines; manage projects independently
- Flexibility when it comes to taking direction and the ability to make sound creative decisions based on project specifications and strategic initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail; ability to follow through and track projects and deliverables from beginning to end
- Awareness of current design styles and product/industry trends
- Collaborative, upbeat demeanor, enthusiastic attitude; must work well as a team with internal clients, project managers, business leads and other members of Marketing Communications
- Clear understanding of fundamental design and layout standards, print production techniques and processes with complete command of typography, color, layout and photography
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite including ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, project management databases and email applications
- Ability to multitask
- A dedicated work ethic and ability to work overtime as needed
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...