LongTail Video is looking for a Designer & Front-End Web Developer to join our rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters as the primary front-end developer and secondary graphics designer on our Marketing Team. You will be helping with the front-end development of the LongTail Video website, support site, e-mail marketing materials, and web based applications.
Join the fastest growing tech industry out there -- the online video space -- and watch as your designs reach millions. Working at LongTail Video gives you an opportunity to interact with & receive feedback from over 3 million users, ranging from small scale to enterprise level. If you join our team, our ownership culture will empower you to take complete responsibility over your projects. We seek the brightest and the best to join our NYC team.
In This Role You Will:
- Play a vital role in the design of our website, support site, and web/mobile applications, and manage weekly site updates.
- Work directly with the lead designers and the marketing team.
- Employ latest technologies with care for backward compatibility. Develop with clean, cross-browser compatible code for optimal performance and smooth user experience.
- Cross device/browser test your design implementations.
- Ensure brand and design standards are met on every project.
- Must be up to date with industry standards and be following the advancements with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Conscientious developer who validates his/her code, codes semantically, and understands how to develop for multiple browsers and devices.
- Experience analyzing & optimizing webpages for front-end load time and smooth user experience.
- Experience designing web pages and web advertising.
- Knowledge of UI design including typography, color and layout.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledgeable about cross browser issues, and how to avoid or fix them
- Highly detail-oriented, producing pixel perfect implementations
- Portfolio of work that details your experience, with links to live examples.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Optional, but would be a huge plus
- Experience with responsive design and mobile friendly implementations
- Experience developing for email marketing & landing pages
- Familiar with CSS frameworks
- Experience with PHP and Drupal
- Experience with building templates and working with dynamic content
JW Player - 17 months ago