Designer - Electrical
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design low and medium voltage power distribution one-line diagrams for the material handling and process facilities commonly encountered in the industry.
· Design facility grounding systems for industrial facilities. Understand the applicable NEC or other required agency grounding codes and practices. Understand lightning protection systems and design lightning protection systems under supervision.
· Produce lighting design for industrial facilities. Follow company standards for lighting design and fixture selection to provide a complete facility lighting system. Produce lighting fixture schedules using established company format.
· Produce cable, conduit or cable tray routing layouts using facility layout drawings as the background. Locate and label electrical devices and motors on these drawings as required.
· Produce control system design to include schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams and control panel layout design drawings.
· Produce other drawings such as schedules and mounting or assembly details as required.
Technical Effort Management
· Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve methodology and training offerings.
· Mentors less experienced technical staff, provides feedback on design issues and needs.
· Reinforces team approach.
· Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
· Promotes KBR through industry conferences and involvement in local professional organizations.
· Consistently publishes in technical / trade journals, writes white papers on chosen technical expertise, or speaks at industry events.
· Domestic and International travel may be required.
· Champions change and the implementation of new ideas.
· Adheres to standard policies and procedures.
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
· Maintains lasting client relationships.
· Ensures that KBR consistently delivers superior technical solutions to clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Able to work with 2D and 3D models in AutoCAD and experience with Bentley AutoPlant preferred.
· Interpret technical drawings to extract design information.
· Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and produce designs, schedules and reports in Word and Excel.
· Working knowledge of the document management and design software systems used by the company.
· Confer with Senior Designers, Engineers and other personnel to develop design drawings.
· Provide feedback to Senior Designers and Engineers on problems and needs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development
Engineering/Technical - Electrical
USA-UT-Salt Lake City
KBR - 17 months ago
KBR, Inc. (KBR) is an engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services, industrial...