Designer is a mid-level design position within the Creative Service’s design department. This position is the backbone of the department, making up the majority of the design staff. The fundamental responsibility of the Designer is to support GES accounts, future business opportunities, and drive the regional design business, as directed by the Creative Director. Most project tasks will require a collaboration process, including clients, vendors, & internal GES partners. Daily responsibilities include the execution of turnkey design solutions, revisions, and project management. The Designer will act independently on most accounts under the direction of the Creative Director. While in this position, our Designers will start to build a portfolio of specific accounts and take the design lead in future projects. This mid-level position allows designers to develop strong design & project management skills that are essential in this important role in our GES design studios.
- Practice the disciplines of Smart Design
- Creativity & Innovation
- Partnership & Leadership
- Responsibility & Efficiency
- Delivery of compelling solutions that meet and exceed the client’s expectations that are winning turnkey design solutions of for Conventions/Exhibits/Events
- Collaborate with Creative Director to define the goals of each project
- Collaborate with external customer when supported by Sales, Senior Designer & Creative Director
- Collaborate with GES business partners to establish design direction & intent
- Produce creative presentations of exhibit structures and components for clients of GES for trade shows and events using AutoCAD, 3D Studio, and related presentation software. The design presentations can include concept sketches, detailed lined drawings and perspectives, as well as full color renderings produced by hand or in CAD generated formats. Align design solutions with GES production & operational capabilities
- Complete project tasks in a timely manner that meets Creative Manager’s project agenda and follow creative direction of the Senior Designer & Creative Director
- Communicate appropriate project information to internal GES business owners
- Support & participate in daily department business activities such as department meetings, brainstorming sessions & account maintenance
- Utilize Design Library, previous designs and other resources to meet project objectives.
- Promote & support GES Core Values & Operational Vision
Strong time management/prioritization skills.
- Strong design portfolio that represents design presentation skills related to the face to face marketing industry.
- Solid understanding of creative process from conception through production
- 5+ years of industry design experience or in a related field
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent personal presentation & communication skills
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Adobe CS Suite, Microsoft Office, 3D-Studio Max or Viz.
- College degree in design related field preferred.
- Possess a passion for design.
- Excellent communication, creativity, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work collectively with other creativ e minds with proven experience in managing team based projects and initiatives in small and large projects from inception to project closeout.
- Ability to create solutions for various project scenarios
- Ability to operate under time constraints
- Excellent follow-up methodology.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a high-level, high-profile environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Global Experience Specialists - 23 months ago