Proserv , which is headquartered in Aberdeenshire, UK, specializes in exploration & production, drilling, and infrastructure technical solutions and services to the global energy industry.
The company operates worldwide from 30 sites in 6 geographical regions
namely North UK & Africa, South UK & Europe, Scandinavia, the Americas, Middle East & North Africa and the Far East & Australia.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organization and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realize their fullest potential.
The Designer designs, plans and oversees the specification, development, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment and/or machinery. This professional will also conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Create complete product layouts, working detail drawings, subassemblies and final assemblies including various views, sections & details.
- Drawings show complete dimensional data for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
- Research, plan, coordinate and proposes original designs of mechanical products and systems.
- Perform original design and layout work to develop new or modified products in CAD.
- Employ extensive knowledge of engineering theory, mathematics and practical mechanics to solve design and production problems.
- Consult with appropriate engineers during the engineering and design phase to ensure that assembly best practices are considered.
- Identify potential obstacles and establish corrective measures prior to release.
- Provide technical assistance on the shop floor when required.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for assembly to optimize resources, processes and procedures.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Confers with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Confers with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Required: At least an Associate, Trade School or Higher Degree.
- At least three years experience designing oil and gas equipment and/or components within a new product development (NPD) environment. Subsea Equipment experience highly preferred.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Designer with knowledge of and experience in complex mechanical layouts.
- Must exhibit engineering skills of creativity, analysis and problem solving ability.
- High mechanical aptitude required.
- Experience in performing experiments and tests of mechanical equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering practices, standards and specifications particularly related to the valve industry
- Candidate should be results oriented with good project management, organizational, prioritization, and team-based skills.
- Working knowledge of design and regulatory requirements (ASME, API, ATEC, ANSI, …) a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D design modelling is required. Solidworks 3D software experience desired.
Proserv - 18 months ago