Designer 4- 3008 ENG-EI&C
Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance
1. Candidates will support the electrical design. Duties will include shceduling all equipment and raceway modeling.
2. Coordinate with other dicipline and resolve clashes.
3. Resolve construction restraints
4. Responsibilities shall also include cross discipline review of design documents and interface with the client and vendors: reviewing work of fellow designers; performing vendor submittal review and bid analysis and coordination of design with other disciplines.
5. Candidate shall be required to set-up and maintain Intergraph Microstation drawings.
Will be required to apply project design requirements to the electrical design including the NEC and various IEEE standards for design of Class 1E electrical / instrumentation systems for nuclear generation facilities.
6. Issue drawings extracted from the model using Drawing Manager
7. Have a working knowledge of PDS, EE Raceway, Equipment Modeling and Smart Plant Review
Candidates shall have significant instrumentation/electrical design experience with a minimum 10 years of electrical design experience on power plant or large industrial facility projects. Must be fluent with use of Microstation. Intimate knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC). Basic computer skills in Access, Word and Excel. Capable of performing raceway fill, and cable sizing calculations. Knowledge of IEEE 384. Familiarity with NRC regulatory guidelines for class 1E systems is preferred.
AS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology. Working knowledge of PDS and Microstation J
Shaw Group - 2 years ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...