Catherines is a subsidiary of the Ascena Retail Group Inc.
Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4.4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal—We make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands. Ascena was listed #1 on the Hot 100 Retailers list in 2011 (
As one of the nation's leading plus-size women's apparel chains, Catherines is looking for a
to join the Catherines team in our corporate office located in Bensalem, PA. Today with more than 400 locations nationwide—along with catherines.com—the Catherines brand continues to fulfill its promise to women everywhere as the fashion and fit authority for sizes 16W–34W and 0X–5X.
Catherines serves a unique niche in the marketplace, offering beautiful fashions and intimates in hard-to-find extended sizes and a proprietary fit customers love.
But Catherines is far more than just a place to shop. Embracing the same sense of community on which it was founded, Catherines seeks to engage, connect, inform and inspire the women they serve — and deliver on an extraordinary brand promise, “We Fit You Beautifully.”
The Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design, and execute a wide variety of creative projects for a leading women’s apparel brand. Creative projects will include, but not be limited to, campaigns for direct mail, printed store display, branding, light photo retouching, corporate documents and promotional items.
- Share projects and studio responsibilities with a graphic design team.
- Support the art director with creative execution and production.
- Respond to marketing department requests
- BA or BFA in graphic or communication arts, or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Graphic Design role
- Proficiency in CS5 – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Acrobat Pro Dedication to quality and results – conceptually, technically and visually
- Strong interest in fashion, social media, and current design and typography trends
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Dependability and accountability
- Able to enthusiastically meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable with strong multi-tasking ability
- Creative problem solving skills
- Meticulous comping of direct mail concepts and mounting of presentations
Catherines - 7 months ago