phase of assigned project. Ensures project
- Leads discipline design team on assigned project or
discipline deliverables for technical quality,
accuracy and compliance with Company standards.
including: developing and monitoring manpower and
- Performs project discipline administrative tasks
schedule requirements, establishing discipline
design requirements, maintaining design and drafting
data, and preparing Work Share Packages.
utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge
- Provides design sketches/technical guidance
for drawing/model preparation by lower-level
Designers or CAD Technicians.
- Schedules and/or reviews/resolves 3D model
CAD Technicians for technical quality, accuracy and
- Checks work assigned to lower-level Designers or
compliance with customer, Company and discipline
Technicians and Designers. Provides input to
- Provides training and mentoring of new CAD
performance appraisals of lower-level personnel.
work sites as required.
- Plans and conducts field investigation trips to
discipline related design experience; AA degree or
- Typically ten years progressively responsible
completion of technical courses with 7-10 years of
leading teams as well as performing difficult and
- Principal level design position responsible for
complex work assignments involving independent
judgment to determine a course of action consistent
with established functional and organization's
policies and goals. Strong understanding of basic
engineering and/or design/drafting concepts. Has
general understanding of other disciplines' roles in
the design process. Able to lead others in
completing tasks in accordance with project
procedures and applicable codes and/or standards.
Able to discuss routine technical problems and
communicate effectively with immediate supervisor
and other project personnel.
tools (if applicable), and other applicable hardware
- Able to utilize advanced PC, 2D CAD, and 3D CAD
and software to perform duties. Performs advanced
design and able to utilize design tools effectively
as well as providing technical direction and
training. Conducts more complex checking as needed.
Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is
critical. Strong organizational skills as well as
the ability to effectively communicate and take a
leadership role over the group for which they have
assist others in applying knowledge and
- Commitment to customer service and ability to
understanding in solving functional problems within
area of expertise. Ability to maintain confidential
ability to discover issues and recommend solutions
- Generally characterized as a "Principal" with
to business problems uncovered during course of
performing assignments. Has less independent
contributor responsibilities and more supervisory
responsibilities. Provides oversight, expertise and
guidance to less experienced individuals.
Responsible for scheduling, checking, technical
training, progress reports, etc.
departmental staff and upper management, and
- Typically will regularly interface with
frequently with outside customers.
employees involved in leadership include: Zero Harm,
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons
Action Orientation, Building Effective Business
Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing
with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust,
and Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability,
Managing Vision & Purpose, Command Skills, and
Global Business Knowledge.
- Willingness to travel or to accept field
surveys and utilize survey equipment and transform
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- For CSA positions - Capability to perform field
data into CAD.
to refinery or Petrochemical complex is desired.
- Must have AutoCAD work experience
- Previous Electrical design experience related
- Field work experience highly desired
- Current TWIC card desired
WorleyParsons Group - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
WorleyParsons Corporation puts its energy into energy and chemical plants. The US subsidiary of WorleyParsons Limited, the company is a top...